Starting today, 3/17 (St. Patrick’s Day) Windy City will comply with the order issued for the six counties, Alameda, Contra Costa, Marin, San Francisco, Santa Clara and San Mateo, prohibiting restaurant dine-in. We are pleased to be able to continue providing delivery and pick up to our customers. Given that we are looking at reduced hours for our long-tenured, hard-working employees – when possible – we will appreciate your ordering directly with the restaurant vs. our third party partners. This keeps our phones ringing, our POS system running and our spirits brighter! We will all weather this storm easier if we’re able to continue doing what we do best – provide great food to our loyal customers. Orders can be placed via phone (dinosaur style!) at 650-578-1942 or via Windy City’s in-house ordering system Hunger-Rush if you are picking up or ordering within our regular delivery hours. This will help us greatly as our third party delivery partners potentially will be busier now, with associated longer delivery times. Our full menu continues to be available for delivery/pick up. As a reminder, we deliver to San Mateo, Burlingame (south of Broadway), Foster City, Redwood Shores, San Carlos and Belmont. Normal delivery Hours: Sunday – Thursday Evenings: 5:00pm – 8:30pm. Friday – Saturday Evenings: 5:00pm – 9:30pm. Larger catering/delivery orders accommodated anytime. (see link to website)
Our third party partners are: DoorDash, Uber, GrubHub, Slice and Go-Go Cater. Please see yesterday’s post regarding “Non-contact” delivery if you choose not to enter the restaurant for pick up.
Our theme “We Love Our Customers” continues and our heartfelt thanks go out to all of you for your ongoing support. Last night a customer at the bar told us she had come in for her “last good meal.” No! that doesn’t need to be the case.
Like everyone, we are in uncharted territory, so expect periodic updates as we respond to guidelines and the needs of you, our loyal customers.
Stay safe – Trish & Bob
650-578-1942 | email@example.com
Like everyone in our community, Windy City is closely monitoring guidelines from the CDC, local health authorities and California’s Governor, to ensure the safety of our guests and employees. Today we received several calls inquiring if we are open, which we are.
The health of our guests and employees is paramount and we want to communicate some additional measures we have implemented during this rapidly evolving situation:
- To every extent possible, Windy City is increasing its – already meticulous – adherence to sanitation, food safety, personal hygiene.
- We are strongly urging all guests to automatically avail themselves of the hand sanitizers throughout the restaurant.
- To ensure “social distancing” we are reducing the number of tables available to our guests, so as to comply with current best practices recommending groups be separated by 6’.
- Windy City has three in-house delivery drivers, along with our third-party delivery partners (DoorDash, Uber, GrubHub.)
- The third-party drivers are now able to provide “Contact-free” delivery, allowing customers to request their pre-paid order be left at their front door, lobby or other location, minimizing contact with others.
- Our guests may also arrange “Contact-Free” pick up of their food orders by:
- requesting this service when the order is placed and
- calling 650-578-1942 from outside the restaurant (front door/red bench) to alert our staff that they are on the premise and ready to pick up.
Please call us if we may answer any questions you have – or email:
We are all in a very fluid situation and the Windy City team is anxious to contribute to the safety and well being of our loyal customers.
Stay safe everyone – Bob & Trish